The pioneering team of researchers at the Blackland Research & Extension Center (BREC) and the USDA Grassland, Soil, and Water Laboratory in Temple, Texas have created a set of comprehensive water hydrology, soil, and land management models used world-wide to examine the impacts of changes in technologies and climate on the sustainability of agriculture and natural resources.
In order to encourage the use of these models, the team here at BREC is taking requests for modeling workshops. Workshops are currently available to be hosted in Temple, TX; College Station, TX; and Chicago, IL. You may request new locations and any topic for your workshop. Invite colleagues and students that you think would be interested. These workshops will be planned based on availability of our scientists and demand for the workshop.
We welcome participants of all skill levels. Workshops are highly adaptable and customizable. The focus and length of these workshops will vary depending on the goals of the users involved. If you would like to request a workshop or have any questions, please contact us, fill out a request form, or participate in our forum.
There are currently no workshops scheduled. Please check back soon or complete our workshop request form.
- Training – Integrated Decision Support System (IDSS) – Bahir Dar, Ethiopia – March 2019
- ArcAPEX Workshop – Blackland Research and Extension Center, Temple TX – May 29-31, 2019
- ArcAPEX Training – Blackland Research and Extension Center, Temple TX – April 18-20, 2017
- WinAPEX Training – Blackland Research and Extension Center, Temple TX – September 7-9, 2016.
- WinAPEX Training – Workshop for Beginner on the APEX-Paddy Model – Jeonju, South Korea- October 5-7, 2016.
- ArcAPEX Training – Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) Institute of Subtropical Ag – Changsha, Hunan Province, China – August 2-3, 2016
- APEX Training – Lincoln, NE – April 12-14, 2016
- APEX Demonstration – Purdue University – May 23, 2016
- APEX Training – Blackland Research and Extension Center, Temple TX – January 26-28, 2016 – Registration Closed
- APEX Training – Accra, Ghana – February 1-5, 2016
- APEX Training – Jimma, Ethiopia – February 8-12, 2016 CANCELLED
- APEX Training – South Korea – Scheduled for 2016
- APEX Training – National Soil Erosion Lab in West Lafayette, IN – Scheduled for early 2016
- APEX Training – Purdue University, SWAT Conference, October 2015 – 8 participants
- APEX Training – Morogoro, Tanzania, July 2015 – 15 participants
- ArcAPEX Training – Sardinia, Italy, International SWAT Conference, June 2015 – 17 participants
- APEX Training – Beltsville, MD, May 2015 – 16 participants
- APEX Training – Bahir Dar, Ethiopia, February 2015 – 22 participants
- APEX Training – Quito, Ecuador, 2013 – 14 participants
- APEX Training – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2013 – 14 participants