Manuals and Publications
User Manuals provide the user’s detailed information about the associated model as well as How-To information for setting up the program, creating runs, setting up batch runs and viewing and analyzing output.
Note: We are willing to work with volunteers to translate model manuals into other languages. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
- APEX 1501 User Manual translated in Chinese language (250 pages) – March 2022.
- APEX 1501 User Manual translated in Spanish language (212 pages) – June 2017.
- APEX 0806 Theoretic Documentation translated into Korean language (155 pages): The translation and publication was done by the Rural Development Administration (RDA) of Korea collaborating with Texas A&M AgriLife Research at the Blackland Research Center. Among 300 published copies of this manual, some have been distributed and archived at RDA Agricultural Science Library, National Archives of Korea, the National Library of Korea, National Assembly Library, and ASRI.
- APEX 0806 User Manual translated into Korean language (254 pages): The translation and publication was done by the Rural Development Administration (RDA) of Korea collaborating with Texas A&M AgriLife Research at the Blackland Research Center.
- EPIC 0810 User Manual translated into Persian Language (119 pages): The EPIC 0810 User Guide is translated to Persian by Azam Lashkari at Ferdwosi University of Mashhad, Iran, and Sara Sanjani at Agriculture Research, Education and Extention Organization (AREEO), Iran. Ms. Bahareh Kamali at the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (Eawag).
Other Useful Publications
- EPIC/APEX Literature Database for Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles – An integrated EPIC/APEX research database that includes searchable publications on environmental management using modeling analysis.
- The ALMANAC Simulation Model: with Sampling Protocol Standard for Plant Biomass with Photos HERE – J.R. Kiniry
- The Agricultural Policy Environmental EXtender (APEX) Model: An Emerging Tool for Landscape and Watershed Environmental Analyses (technical report)
- The Agricultural Policy Environmental EXtender (APEX) Model: An Emerging Tool for Landscape and Watershed Environmental Analyses(Trans. ASABE paper)
- Conservation Practice Modeling Guide for SWAT and APEX
- Historical Development and Applications of the EPIC and APEX Models
- Reference List for EPIC Model Application Papers (And Spin-Off Model Application Papers and Other Related Papers) Compiled by Phil Gassman, November 2010
- Conservation Effects Assessment Project National Cropland Assessment Reports
- Wang, X., J.R. Williams, P.W. Gassman, C. Baffaut, R.C. Izaurralde, J. Jeong, J. R. Kiniry. 2012. EPIC and APEX: model use, calibration and validation. Transactions of the ASABE 55(4):1447-1462.
- Wang, X., A. Kemanian, J.R. Williams. 2011. Special features of the EPIC and APEX modeling package and procedures for parameterization, calibration, validation, and applications. pp 177-208. In Methods of Introducing System Models into Agricultural Research. Ahuja, L.R. and L. Ma (eds.) Advances in Agricultural Systems Modeling 2. ASA • CSSA • SSSA, Madison, WI.