Download a PDF Workshop Registration form HERE – This workshop has limited seating, registration is first come, first serve.
Registration and payment for the workshop is due by March 31, 2016 – please mail or fax completed registrations to the contact provided on the form.
Fees will be refunded, less a $20.00 processing fee, if cancellation or change resulting in a refund is received in writing no later than April 6, 2016.
Agenda and further information will be posted in early March 2016. Please let us know if you have any comments or questions about this workshop. You can contact us at email@example.com
The objective of the workshop is to introduce new users to the model, review necessary and optional inputs, and familiarize the user with WinAPEX and general procedures of model development, implementation and evaluation. At the conclusion of the training participants should learn:
- The theoretical concepts of the APEX model.
- The basic setup of the APEX model using WinAPEX interface.
- How to run APEX model using WinAPEX interface.
- The structure and file system of the APEX model.
- How to read APEX outputs.
- How to use, modify and update the WinAPEX database.
- How to prepare weather, soils, and management files.
- Design alternative management scenarios.
- Basic concepts of model evaluation.
- Sensitivity analysis and manual/automatic calibration.
National Soil Survey Center, Federal Bldg.
100 Centennial Mall North, Lincoln, NE 68508
- You will have to pass through building security each day, participants will be given a list of security requirements.
- The National Soil Survey Center is located in a central part of Downtown Lincoln and has many food options within walking distance.
- Parking at the Center is free
Airports – If you are flying, it is recommended that you use one of the following airports:
- Lincoln Airport (LNK) – 2400 West Adams Street, Lincoln, NE 68524
5-6 miles from the National Soil Survey Center
- Eppley Airfield (OMA) – 4501 Abbott Dr, Omaha, NE 68110
60 miles from the National Soil Survey Center – For transportation from Eppley Airfield to a hotel in Lincoln, use Omalink Shuttle Service. Advance reservations are required. The rate is $90 round trip airport-hotel. For reservations and scheduling call 1-877-473-LINK (5465) or email them using firstname.lastname@example.org,. If returning to Omaha and using the Omalink Shuttle Service, Omalink will call you prior to the return date and confirm what shuttle you are scheduled to use.
Please be sure that your hotel can arrange a shuttle from and to the airport for you, or arrange an alternative means of transportation. Lincoln, NE is on both the UBER and LYFT systems or you may arrange a taxi or personal means of transportation from your hotel to the workshop site.
Lodging – Please note, these are only suggested accommodations closest to the Center or airport with the highest ratings; there are other lodging options in the area.
The following hotels are within 2 miles of the National Soil Survey Center and are rated highly:
- Recommended – Holiday Inn Lincoln-Downtown – 141 N 9th St, Lincoln, NE 68508 – walking distance from the National Soil Survey Center
Front Desk: 402-475-4011
- Embassy Suites Lincoln – 1040 P St, Lincoln, NE 68508
- The Lincoln Cornhusker Marriott – 333 South 13th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508
- Hyatt Place Lincoln/Downtown-Haymarket – 600 Q St, Lincoln, NE 68508
- Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket – 808 R St, Lincoln, NE 68508
- Hilton Garden Inn Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket – 801 R St, Lincoln, NE 68508
For less expensive options within 5 miles of the Nat. Soil Survey Center and closer to the Lincoln Airport:
- Quality Inn – 3200 NW 12th St, Lincoln, NE 68521
- Comfort Inn – 1010 W Bond St, Lincoln, NE 68521
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lincoln Airport – 1301 W Bond Cir, Lincoln, NE 68521
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln Airport – 1101 W Commerce Way, Lincoln, NE 68521