Weather Import is a weather import utility to update daily historical weather files for use with WinEPIC and WinAPEX from a web-based weather station network or user-collected weather data. It also allows a user to create and update his/her own long-term weather file for anywhere in the world. Once weather data is formatted into a EPIC/APEX format via the Weather Filter feature, the data can be scanned for missing days/data and edited with the weather data editor. The Weather Import interface operates in both Metric and English units.
Adobe Reader needs to be installed before running the Weather Import.
- To download the current executable, click on the link below. The compressed (zipped) version of the executable will be downloaded to a user-defined location. NOTE: Depending on the speed of your computer and network line, this step may require a significant amount of time. It is recommended that high-speed Internet access be used via a Dedicated DS3, T-1, or T-3 line, DSL: digital subscriber line, or cable broadband to download this file. The process with high-speed connections may take up to 20 minutes. It is possible to download the file using conventional telephone/modem connections, but it may require up to 12 hours or more to complete the download operation.
- Once the zipped file (weather.cab) is saved on the user’s computer, unzip the file using WinZip or another similar type software.
- To unzip the file, go into Windows Explorer and locate the file. Double click the zipped file name (weather.cab). The WinZip software will automatically be initiated.
- Click “I Agree”.
- Select the “setup.exe” file located in the zipped file.
- Click “EXTRACT”.
- Under “Folders/drivers” select “Desktop”. This will save the file to the desktop.
- Click “EXTRACT”. This step may take a while.
- Once the file is unzipped, right click the “Setup.exe” icon on the desktop and install as Administrator (click on run as ) The installation program will then be initiated. NOTE: For the WinEPIC program to install and operate efficiently, we recommend the user have 1.0 GB of available space on the hard drive.
- The user will then be required to enter a password. The password is 091109blackland.
- Complete the steps in the installation (setup) program.
- When selecting databases during installation, be mindful that those selected and not used occupy usable space on the hard drive.