- This event has passed.
ArcAPEX Training – China – August 2016
August 1, 2016 - August 2, 2016
Title: Modeling Agricultural Watersheds using ArcAPEX
Please email us at email@example.com for more information! Thank you!
Bio-physical processes occurring in the cropping systems of agricultural watersheds are a great challenge to replicate in a modeling framework. APEX was developed to evaluate various land management strategies considering sustainability, runoff, erosion, water
supply and quality, soil organic carbon and soil quality, plant competition, weather, pests and economics. This training course offers the fundamental principles of the APEX model for use in watershed management with hands-on exercises. The objective of the training is to introduce new users to the model, review necessary and optional inputs, and familiarize the user with the ArcAPEX and general procedures of model development, implementation and evaluation.
Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
Changsha, Hunan Province, China
Susan Wang, Texas A&M AgriLife Research firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaehak Jeong, Texas A&M AgriLife Research email@example.com
- Model structure
- The file system
- Demonstration – developing and using an ArcAPEX project
- Class exercise – develop an ArcAPEX project
- APEX processes – soil dynamics, crop growth, hydrology, nutrient
& pollutant transport, water & energy balance
August 2nd Day 2
- Developing, storing and using agricultural schedules in APEX projects
- Creating weather files with WSGEN & WXPN
- Creating soils databases – essential and optional variables
- Manual calibration: theory and exercise using APEX Check program
- Using APEX-CUTE program