WinAPEX Training – Blackland Research and Extension Center, Temple TX – September 7-9, 2016
Seating is limited. Registration and payment for the workshop is due by August 29 – please mail or fax completed registrations to the contact provided on the form
Fees will be refunded, less a $50.00 processing fee, if cancellation or change resulting in a refund is received in writing no later than September 5, 2016.
Agenda and further information will be posted in late August. Please let us know if you have any comments or questions about this workshop. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course offers the fundamental principles of the APEX model with hands–on exercises for use in simulating whole farm/small watershed management. The objective of the workshop is to introduce new users to the model, review necessary and optional inputs, and familiarize the user with the WinAPEX and general procedures of model development, implementation and evaluation.
At the conclusion of the training participants should learn:
• The theoretical concepts of the APEX model.
• The basic setup of the APEX model using WinAPEX interface.
• How to run APEX model using WinAPEX interface.
• The structure and file system of the APEX model.
• The structure of the APEX outputs.
• How to use, modify and update the WinAPEX database.
• How to prepare soils, and management files.
• How to design alternative management scenarios.
• The basic concepts of model Evaluation.
• How to perform sensitivity analysis and manual/automatic calibration.
Blackland Research and Extension Center
720 E Blackland Rd
Temple, TX, 76502
- Waco Regional Airport – 7909 Karl May Dr, Waco, TX 76708
50-60 minute drive without traffic, heavy construction in the I-35 corridor makes traffic unpredictable here
- Austin-Bergstom International Airport – 3600 Presidential Boulevard, Austin, TX 78719
1-1.5 hours without traffic, some routes have tolls
- Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK) – 8101 S. Clear Creek Road, Killeen TX 76549
45 minutes without traffic – Traffic coming on and off the base can effect this route
Lodging – Please note, these are only suggested accommodations closest to the Center with the highest ratings; there are other lodging options in the area.
- Holiday Inn Temple/Belton – 5247 S General Bruce Dr, Temple, TX 76502 – 7 miles
- Residence Inn Temple – 4301 South General Bruce Drive, Temple, TX 76502 – 8 miles
- Hilton Garden Inn Temple – 1749 Scott Boulevard, Temple, TX 76504 – 3 miles
- Candlewood Suites Temple – 1850 Scott Boulevard, Temple, TX 76504 – 3 miles
- Country Inn and Suites Temple – 1414 Southwest H K Dodgen Loop, Temple, TX 76504 – 3 miles
- Best Western Temple – 602 N General Bruce Dr, Temple, TX 76504 – 4 miles
- La Quinta Inn and Suites – Temple/Belton – Off 121 near the Expo Center – 229 West Loop 121, Belton, TX 76513 – 13 miles – Near Expo Center
The City of Temple does not have an extensive public transit system and we are not on the Uber or Lyft systems. You will need to arrange your own transportation to and from the airport and your lodging.