APEX Training – Blackland Research and Extension Center, Temple TX – January 26-28, 2016
Registration and payment for the workshop is due by January 15, 2016 – please mail or fax completed registrations to the contact provided on the form
Fees will be refunded, less a $20.00 processing fee, if cancellation or change resulting in a refund is received in writing no later than January 15, 2016
Agenda and further information will be posted in early December 2015. Please let us know if you have any comments or questions about this workshop. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The objective of the workshop is to introduce new users to the model, review necessary and optional inputs, and familiarize the user with the ArcAPEX and general procedures of model development, implementation and evaluation. At the conclusion of the training participants should learn:
• The theoretical concepts of the main processes of the APEX model.
• The basic setup of the APEX model using ArcAPEX interface.
• How to run APEX model using ArcAPEX interface.
• The structure and file system of the APEX model.
• How to run APEX model modifying input files in a text format.
• The structure of the APEX outputs.
• How to use the information from the main APEX output files.
• How to use, modify and update the ArcAPEX databases
• How to prepare weather data files
• How to prepare soil data
• How to prepare management files
• How to prepare and run scenarios using ArcAPEX
Blackland Research and Extension Center
720 E Blackland Rd
Temple, TX, 76502
- Waco Regional Airport – 7909 Karl May Dr, Waco, TX 76708
50-60 minute drive without traffic, heavy construction in the I-35 corridor makes traffic unpredictable here
- Austin-Bergstom International Airport – 3600 Presidential Boulevard, Austin, TX 78719
1-1.5 hours without traffic, some routes have tolls
- Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK) – 8101 S. Clear Creek Road, Killeen TX 76549
45 minutes without traffic – Traffic coming on and off the base can effect this route
Lodging – Please note, these are only suggested accommodations closest to the Center with the highest ratings; there are other lodging options in the area.
- Holiday Inn Temple/Belton – 5247 S General Bruce Dr, Temple, TX 76502 – 7 miles
- Residence Inn Temple – 4301 South General Bruce Drive, Temple, TX 76502 – 8 miles
- Hilton Garden Inn Temple – 1749 Scott Boulevard, Temple, TX 76504 – 3 miles
- Candlewood Suites Temple – 1850 Scott Boulevard, Temple, TX 76504 – 3 miles
- Country Inn and Suites Temple – 1414 Southwest H K Dodgen Loop, Temple, TX 76504 – 3 miles
- Best Western Temple – 602 N General Bruce Dr, Temple, TX 76504 – 4 miles
- La Quinta Inn and Suites – Temple/Belton – Off 121 near the Expo Center – 229 West Loop 121, Belton, TX 76513 – 13 miles – Near Expo Center
The City of Temple does not have an extensive public transit system and we are not on the Uber or Lyft systems. You will need to arrange your own transportation to and from the airport and your lodging.